AQUACEL® Ag Extra™
AQUACEL® Ag Extra™ dressings give you...
ALL the basic benefits of Convatec’s unique Hydrofiber™ Technology plus ionic sliver for wounds that are infected or at risk for infection.
The benefit of over 20 years of innovation gives today’s AQUACEL® dressings EXTRA:
And the ability to kill a broad spectrum of wound-related microbes in the dressing:
- Rapid and effective antimicrobial action*4,5,7
- Controlled release of ionic silver as wound exudate is absorbed into the dressing*2-5,7
- Sustained antimicrobial activity for up to 14 days*2,4,5,7
ConvaTec Hydrofiber™ Technology gives AQUACEL® dressings powerful capabilities.
*As demonstrated in vitro
- Bugedo A, Bowler F, Bishop SM, 2012. Assessment of the in vitro physical properties of AQUACEL™ Ag Extra™ and AQUACEL™ Ag dressings. Technical Assessment. WHRI3602 TA235. 2012, Data on File, ConvaTec Inc.
- Preliminary assessment of the physical properties of AQUACEL™ EXTRA vs AQUACEL™. Scientific Background Report. WHRI3461 TA214 REV. 2011, Data on file, ConvaTec Inc.
- Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M, Parsons D. Controlling wound bioburden with a novel silver-containing Hydrofiber® dressing. Wound Rep.Regen. 2004;12: 288-294.
- Bowler PG, Jones SA, Walker M, Parsons D. Microbicidal properties of a silver-containing Hydrofiber® dressing against a variety of burn wound pathogens. J.Burn Care Rehabil. 2004;25: 192-196.
- Jones SA, Bowler PG, Walker M, Parsons D. Controlling wound bioburden with a novel silver-containing Hydrofiber dressing. Wound Repair Regen. 2004;12(3):288-294.
- Repeat Insult Patch Test CW‐0206‐11‐A730. Data on File , ConvaTec Inc
- Bowler PG, Welsby S, Towers V, Booth R, Hogarth A, Rowlands V, Joseph A, Jones SA. Multidrug-resistant organisms, wounds and topical antimicrobial protection. Int Wound J 2012; 9:387–396.