AQUACEL® Foam dressings give you:
- A waterproof top layer that permits evaporation of excess moisture while protecting against viral/bacterial penetration,*1 allowing the patient to shower and bathe
- A soft, absorbent foam pad to enhance patient comfort and absorb excess fluid
- A Hydrofiber® contact layer that gels on contact with wound fluid and helps provide an optimal environment for wound healing
- A gentle silicone adhesive that provides secure, skin-friendly adhesion, easy removal and demonstrated low potential for dermal irritation or allergic contact sensitisation2
The Hydrofiber® interface in AQUACEL® Foam dressing:
- Reduces pain while dressing is in situ, 3-6
- In its gelled state, supports non-traumatic dressing removal
- Does not damage tender, granulating wound tissue during dressing changes
- Upon removal, results in low cellular adhesion in both wet and dry environments*7
What’s more, AQUACEL® Foam dressings can be used as part of a comprehensive protocol to help protect patients from skin breakdown tied to friction and moisture, including complications such as pressure ulcers.
ConvaTec Hydrofiber® Technology gives AQUACEL® dressings powerful capabilities.