UnoMeterTM SafetiTM Plus Urine Meter
Helping to Optimise Nurse Safety and Functionality
- Keeping nurses safe- and making their job easier- is a priority.
- UnoMeter™ Safeti™ Plus urine meter has a range of features that can help reduce training time, and help optimise the nurse experience so they can focus on their patients.
In All Situations – For All Patients
- During bed linen changes, patient transport and repositioning, the device can lie flat without losing measurement and without risk of retrograde infection.*
Proven in-vitro prevention of retrograde contamination 1,2
In two separate in-vitro tests simulating use of the device, bacteria were not found at the bag to meter connection after seven days.1,2
- Top-mounted chamber helps to minimise risk of ascending contamination and retrograde infection.*1,2
- In-vitro testing demonstrates that the KombiKon™ needle free sample port maintains the barrier for bacterial contamination for at least 10 perforations3
- The user centric design of UnoMeter™ Safeti™ Plus urine meter received the Gold Award at the European Design Effectiveness Awards (DBA).4
*As demonstrated in-vitro
- Frimodt-Møller N, Corneliussen L. In vitro test of different urine-meters in an experimental bladder-drainage model: prevention of ascending contamination depends on construction of the urine meter. British J of Infect Control 2005;6(5):14-17.
- Ashman P, SMTL Closed System Study Test Report, 2009, Data on file, ConvaTec Inc.
- Tvede M. Performance of KombiKon needle free sample port. Test Report, July 2004. Data on file, ConvaTec Inc.
- UnoMeter™ Safeti™ Plus Commercial Success through User-Centric Design: www.pdd.co.uk 2013.